All County rosters are now in the file browser! http://t.co/2HV4viep
YOUNG MUSICIANS SCHOLARSHIP
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING - AS EACH YEAR THE COMMITTEE IS FORCED TO
DISQUALIFY SOME STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIREMENTS.
ECMEA Scholarship Requirements – 2012-13
DATES AND DEADLINES - IMPORTANT:
1. Tapes and all portions of the application postmarked no later than November 15, 2012
2. Tapes and applications submitted to: Ann L. Mosner
S-5349 Dennis Road
Orchard Park, NY
3. Final Auditions: January 26, 2013
4. Final Interviews: February 2, 2013
Each applicant must submit a quality CD with application to the Scholarship Chairman by
November 15, 2012 (postmark only – no hand delivery please). The recording should represent the applicantʼs ability and
strengths. There is no specific length nor specific selection requirements. Each recording should be labeled with the
name of the applicant, school, the title(s) of the selection(s) performed and the instrument/voice. PLEASE... you
must have accompaniment. ACCOMPANIMENT IS REQUIRED.
Committees specializing in each performance area will choose semi-finalists who will be asked to give an in-person
audition before the ECMEA Scholarship Committee on January 26, 2013.
(Saturday - 1/26/13)
Final auditions are eight (8) minutes in length and finalists should plan their performance accordingly so as not to exceed
the allotted time. Also, the audition should be considered a recital performance with the proper dress,
acknowledgement of the audience, etc. Again... bring your accompanist, as accompaniment is required.
Finalists will be asked to appear before the Scholarship Committee for an interview on
February 2, 2013 (Saturday, - 2/2/13), if you are successful in passing the previous audition. At this time, the committee urges each student to present musical ability other
than that displayed at the audition (minor instruments, keyboard ability, compositions, etc.)
ANY PERFORMANCE AT THE INTERVIEW SHOULD NOT EXCEED 2 MINUTES.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
1. Seniors who will enter college as music majors of any type are eligible.
2. Applicant must be a registered senior at their high school on the dates of all procedural
events and enrolled as members of their own schools' music organization(s).
3. Applicant's sponsoring school director must be a member of ECMEA and NYSSMA during
the current school year.
4. Applicants must have performed in an ECMEA All County group in 10th and 11th
grade OR must participate as seniors (this applies to keyboard and guitar applicants
5. Piano accompaniments are required excepting solo concert literature.
6. ALL DEADLINES MUST BE MET (POSTMARKS ACCEPTED) NO EXCEPTIONS
7. NO students will be granted auditions or interviews other than the announced above.
8. Applicants will be notified at home as to all commitments, decisions and final awards.
ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED BY THE SCHOOL MUSIC TEACHER TO: